Trappist Abbey News: 9-01-2013
– Br. Brian O’Dowd arrived on Thursday, August 29th, from Bolton Abbey in Ireland. Br. Brian will be with us for about 9 or 10 months (not too sure how long actually). We’re most fond of the Irish here, so it’s a great blessing to have him with us! Please keep him in your prayers. For more information on Bolton Abbey in Ireland: Check Here.
– Our September Monastic Life Retreat has begun with two participants. Both young men, Travis and Michael, appear most zealous to experience our monastic way of life. The Retreat ends September 30th. Please pray for them, that they will grow in the grace and love of our Blessed Lord.
– Our very own, Br. Dick just returned from a visit with his family in Connecticut. He seems to have had a grace filled trip, but he is a bit disappointed he didn’t see a Broadway show. I guess you can’t get everthing it life.
– Br. Todd leaves us on Wednesday, September 4th, for his ongoing studies in the Cistercian Cohort Program. The participants will be meeting at the Trappist Abbey of Gethsemani. He will be returning on Monday.
On-going Formation News:
– Dr. Marsha Dutton was with us mid-August for a series of 8 conferences, seven on our Cistercian Father, Gilbert of Hoyland and one on St. Bernard.
– Dr. Katy Leamy from Mt. Angel Abbey will be with us in September for two conferences on ‘The Trinity and Moral Theology’.
– Monday, September 1st, we will be celebrating our Labor Day Picnic with our Guest House Volunteers. We initially wanted to honor them on this day, but they took the picnic over and now honor us! What great volunteers are they?!! Hooray for our Guest House Volunteers!